You receive the following error message when trying to register or activate your Trend Micro Security software:
"Invalid Serial Number
You have not provided a valid serial number. Please try again."
"You have entered an invalid serial number.
Without a valid serial number, Trend Micro Security cannot protect you. Please try again."
This issue happens when you have entered an incorrect serial number.
Retype Serial Number
The issue can happen if you used a different serial number or mistyped the serial number when activating the program. You can resolve this by changing the serial number in the program's main console:
- Double-check the serial number of your program.
If you purchased your Trend Micro program online, you can find the serial number on the order confirmation email.
If you purchased the program from a retail store, look for the serial number in the sticker on the product box.
- Re-type your serial number.
- Click Next.
- Click , then select Subscription Information.
This will open the Subscription Information window.
- Click Edit subscription information. You will be asked to sign in to your Trend Micro Account.
- Sign in to your MyAccount to verify that the expiry date on your Trend Micro Security program is the same as the one found on your account.
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the System Tray (near the clock at the bottom right part of the screen).
If you do not see the System Tray icon, click the arrow button to show the rest of the icons.
- Select Exit.
- Wait for Trend Micro's System Tray icon to disappear.
Once the icon disappears, Trend Micro is now disabled.
- Launch Trend Micro Security software by clicking the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.