To be eligible for the free upgrade:
- You must have an unexpired subscription.
- Your serial number starts with the letter “X”.
- Your computer must meet the system requirements.
This article is also applicable to Trend Micro Premium Security.
Microsoft has formally announced Windows 7 End of Support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on this version, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on this operating system. We encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security.
Upgrade Trend Micro Maximum Security on Windows PC
For installation instructions, you can watch this video tutorial or follow the steps below:
Check if your Windows™ PC meets the system requirements. Click here to see the list.
Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click TrendMicro_16.0_HE_Full.exe to run the installer.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Wait as Trend Micro checks if your computer is compatible for installation.
- Click Yes when asked to remove the old program version.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart your computer.
After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Read the Data Disclosure Notice, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Provide a computer name, then click Next.
- Type your email address, then click Next.
- Fill out the Account Information window, then click Next.
- Check the information that you provided, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- After activating, you will see the main console of Trend Micro Security. Your protection upon installation is configured for optimum protection so you don't need to do anything.
Upgrade Trend Micro Antivirus For Mac® OS
To get the latest version of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac, click here for instructions.