You cannot open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software even if the system tray icon is visible.
This can happen when...
- there is a conflicting third-party security software.
- there is a virus infection.
- Trend Micro Security software is running in compatibility mode.
- there is a missing path variable in Windows.
- Uninstall Conflicting Software
Having third-party security software or older Trend Micro programs installed on your computer may lead to installation and performance issues. Remove these programs and their components:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type
appwiz.cpl, then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.
- Select the program you need to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer when asked.
If you encounter issues in uninstalling the third-party security software, contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
- Run HouseCall
Run Housecall to scan your computer from malware.
Visit the HouseCall page for more information on this free product.
- Reinstall Trend Micro Security
You will get better performance and protection when you reinstall Trend Micro Security to its latest version. The program upgrade is free as long as you have a valid subscription.
- Add path variable
Add the path of Trend Micro installer package to the Environment Path Variable:
Click the button below to download the AddPathVariable.exe:
- Right-click the AddPathVariable.exe icon, then choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- The following message will appear once you successfully added the file path:
SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.
Thank you for running the tool.
Press any key to continue...”
- Press any key to continue.
- Restart your Trend Micro program
- Disconnect your computer from the Internet and make sure that your computer has no Internet connection.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. The Run window should be open.
- In the Open field, type
supporttool.exe, then press ENTER.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit should open.
- On the Diagnostic Toolkit window, click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 5. Stop all components.
- After waiting for 10 seconds, click 4. Start all components.
- Reconnect your computer from the Internet.
- Open the Trend Micro Security program.
- Perform a manual update.
If the issue still occurs after doing the steps above, contact our Technical Support for assistance.