You receive the following error message/s when opening Password Manager application or the Browser Helper Object (BHO):
- Service is currently unavailable
- Password Manager Service has stopped working
- Password Manager Service could not start
Password Manager service has stopped and could not start normally even when the Password Manager processes are running.
This happens because of compatibility issues between modules of Trend Micro Password Manager and the new processor type Apollo Lake.
To resolve this issue, check if you are using the affected processor. Do the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. This will open the Run window.
- On the Open field, type "Control Panel". Control Panel window will open.
- Click System and Security, then click System. You will see the processor type under System section.
- Go to the Intel Website , then check if your processor is included on the list.