In the past few days, there have been a series of widely publicized Internet threats including the Reaper IoT Botnet and the KRACK vulnerability.
These threats may pose a risk to you and your family when using the Internet or connecting to Wi-Fi, so take the following steps to improve the security of your digital devices:
- Check Your Protection
For Trend Micro Home Network Security users, make sure the following settings are enabled to keep your network devices protected.
- On your mobile device, open Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Enable the following features:
- Go to Threat Blocking, then toggle the switch for Network Protection
- Go to Access Control, then toggle the switch for New Device Approval.
- Go to Device Scan, then toggle the switch for Password Check and Vulnerability Check.
Note: If you are connected to a network not protected by Home Network Security, you may download and install our free app, HouseCall for Home Networks. This will scan all the devices connected to the network for potential security risks, including those related to the Reaper IoT Botnet and the KRACK vulnerability, with just one tap.
- Update Your Firmware
To minimize the possibility of your connected devices getting infected, always make sure your router and devices are updated with the latest firmware.
- Try our Premium Support Services
IT Helpdesk Service subscribers can have Trend Micro security experts run a scan on their home network to check if all of their Internet-connected devices are secured. Contact our Technical Support to learn more about this service.