The following error message appears when you have previously installed Trend Micro Security for Microsoft Edge:
"Turn On Trend Micro Security in Edge Now"
An update requires you to turn it on again.
This happens when:
- The app has been previously updated via Microsoft Store.
- It was reinstalled but not granted permission completely.
Turn ON Trend Micro Security for Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- On the upper-right side, click on the icon to open the Microsoft Edge settings, and then select Extensions.
Another way to open the settings is pressing ALT + X on your keyboard.
- Look for the Trend Micro Security extension, and then slide the toggle to enable it.
You should now be able to see the Trend Micro icon on your browser.
Trend Micro Security is missing on Microsoft Edge
If you are unable to find Trend Micro Security under extension settings, do the following:
- Get the app from from Microsoft Windows Store.
- Wait for the download to finish, then click Launch.
- On Microsoft Edge, click Turn it on to enable the toolbar on your browser.
- On the upper-right corner, click on the icon.
- Read the Privacy & Personal Data Collection Disclosure, and then click Continue.
- Read the Trend Micro License Agreement, and then click Accept and Start.