Google now lets you save passwords on your Android device with Google Chrome's Free Password Manager.
How to use Chrome Password Manager
- Go to the website you frequently visit that needs account login.
- Enter your account details.
- The Google Chrome app will ask you if you want to save it. To accept, tap or click Save.
The next time you visit this website, it will automatically fill in your account details so you can log in with ease.
Is Chrome Password Manager Safe?
Because Chrome is connected to your Google Account, saving passwords may have its risks:
- If your mobile device is lost or stolen, or if someone gains unauthorized access to your mobile device, they can easily access all of the stored passwords and use them to gain access to sensitive information.
- If the browser on your mobile device is hacked, attackers can gain access to all your login credentials.
- If the browser on your mobile device is set to synchronize across multiple devices, the saved passwords will be available on all those devices, which can increase the risk of them being compromised.
How Trend Micro Password Manager can secure Autofilled Passwords
Trend Micro Password Manager saves users passwords and other sensitive data in a secure, encrypted format and are stored on servers Trend Micro controls.
Trend Micro Password Manager has its own Autofill feature that lets you sign into your apps instantly on your mobile device securely.
How to export saved passwords from Google Password Manager to Trend Micro Password Manager
- On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- Click the menu button ⋮, then choose Settings.
- On the left pane, select Autofill, then choose Passwords on the right.
- Scroll down to Saved Passwords, then click the more actions button ⋮.
- Select Export passwords, then click the Export Passwords button.
- Type your desired name for the file, then click Save.
- Click the Password Manager icon on your browser.
- Go to the Password Manager Menu , then choose Settings.
- Click the Data tab, then click the Import button.
- Type your Vault Password.
- Under Import Password, select Import from Password Manager, then click Next.
- Click Select File, then look for the saved Chrome Password Manager file.
- Click Import Now.
Turn ON Autofill in Trend Micro Password Manager
- Open the Password Manager app.
- Type your Vault Password or use your Fingerprint, then tap Unlock.
- Tap the Tools tab, then select Autofill.
- Tap Android Autofill.
- Tap the Allow Permission button, then choose Password Manager.
- Tap OK to confirm.
When you open an app, you will have an option to auto-fill the required fields using the saved information from your Password Manager.