You see this error message from Trend Micro Password Manager after opening your computer:
Why did this happen?
The Password Manager app may be malfunctioning due to the following:
- Faulty computer shutdown or restart
- Failed app installation
What should I do next?
To resolve this issue, we recommend you disable the Restart apps setting on your Windows PC.
Disable Restart apps in the Sign-in options
- Click the Start , then go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. You can also access it via the shortcut button below:
- Scroll down until you see Restart apps.
- Toggle the switch to Off.
- Restart your computer. If the issue persists, proceed to reinstall your Trend Micro Password Manager.
Reinstall the app
- Uninstall Password Manager.
- Click the Start, then go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features. You can also access it via the shortcut button below:
- Select Trend Micro Password Manager, then click Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer when asked.
- Install Password Manager.
Click the download button below:
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the installer. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Fill out the account information to activate your protection.
If the issue persists, start a chat to let our Trend Micro Support Representatives assist you.