Microsoft 365 apps and services no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11).
- On June 15, 2022, Microsoft will end its support for Internet Explorer. Users are recommended to use Microsoft Edge.
- Last November 30, 2020, the Microsoft Teams web app no longer supports IE 11.
- Last August 17, 2021, the remaining Microsoft 365 apps and services no longer support IE 11.
Customers have a degraded experience or are unable to connect to Microsoft 365 apps and services on IE 11. Microsoft recommends using Microsoft Edge as your default browser.
Trend Micro End of Support for Internet Explorer
Trend Micro continues to recommend that users upgrade to the latest supported version as soon as possible, but also understands that not everyone is able to upgrade on a regular basis, especially on older machines. In order to help our consumers safely upgrade to the latest version. Trend Micro Security 2021 line of products and Trend Micro Password Manager can still be installed to Internet Explorer 11 but with limited technical support for issues that might be encountered.
What happens to my Trend Micro Security program after End of Support Date?
As for the Trend Micro Security Program, it would still be available for the said version but we encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs and switch to Microsoft Edge which will provide greater stability and security. For the new Microsoft Edge, you can open this link here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business?form=MO12h2&OCID=MO12h2)for more information.
I encountered an issue with my Trend Micro Security program
After the End of Support date, we will provide limited technical support for issues encountered on Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer users can visit our Support Website for technical solutions or can consider upgrading to the latest web browser Microsoft offers which is Microsoft Edge.
What protection do I have after upgrading to Microsoft Edge?
The Trend Micro Security Edge Extension provides enhanced protection to Microsoft Edge:
- Web Threat Protection: Innovative cloud-based security that provides an extra layer of advanced protection against modern, device-agnostic web threats such as phishing, banking and technical support scams and identity theft.
- Password Manager: The easy to use Password Manager capability in Trend Micro Security removes the complexity of having to remember multiple passwords and helps consumers create, manage and securely store strong passwords and sync them across multiple devices for instant access whenever they need them most.
- Ad-Blocking: Trend Micro Security also blocks annoying, intrusive ads for faster site loading and a better web browsing experience.