You see error messages when trying to set up, install and update your Mac, Mac mini, Macbook Air, Pro or iMac to macOS Ventura.
Why did this happen?
If you successfully downloaded and installed macOS Ventura on your Mac but are unable to update it, there may be a problem with macOS Ventura launching or your Mac and is stuck in setup.
What should I do next?
Reboot your Mac and reinstall
Most of the time, restarting your Mac is the only way to fix the problem. You can either:
- Go to Apple menu > Restart.
- Press and hold the Power button .
Remove unneccessary login items
Check if there are any unknown or suspicious login items that will run during startup that might prevent the macOS installation.
- Go to > System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Select your profile on the left side, then click the Login Items tab.
- Check if there are any recently added suspicious apps you are not familiar. Click the button to disable these apps during startup.
- Restart your Mac for the changes to take effect.
Reboot Mac in Safe Mode
Note: This solution is only applicable to Intel-powered Mac devices.
- Go to Apple menu > Shut down.
- Turn ON your Mac while pressing down the OPTION + COMMAND ⌘ + P + R keys for 20 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for your Mac to boot normally.
- Try to install macOS Ventura again.
Prepare for the new macOS with Trend Micro Cleaner One Pro
Trend Micro Cleaner One Pro helps you manage and free up your Mac storage space. Make your Mac run as new as the day you bought it.
It offers all-in-one Mac cleaning features including: Memory Free, Disk Clean, Uninstall App, and many more. Cleaner One Pro also offers great solutions to help get rid of all the culprits that are known to slow down your Mac — and will help you prepare for any and all upcoming OS.