ESTIMATED READING TIME: 1 minute
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Is A Phone Number Leak?
- What happens when your phone number has been leaked?
- Know if your phone number has been leaked
- Steps to take if your phone number gets leaked
- Tips on keeping your phone number secure and preventing leaks
- Avoid phone number leaks with Trend Micro
- Unlock the secrets of online privacy!
What Is a Phone Number Leak?
A phone number leak occurs when private or personal phone numbers are inadvertently made public due to data breaches, weak databases, or other security flaws.
What Happens When Your Phone Number Has Been Leaked?
- You may receive unwanted phone calls and texts, such as telemarketing, spam, and phishing texts.
- It can be exploited to obtain more information that can be used to steal your identity.
- Someone can use it to harass or intimidate you.
Know If Your Phone Number Has Been Leaked
Go to ID Protection Data Leak Checker and find out if your phone number appeared in any data leaks.
Steps To Take If Your Phone Number Gets Leaked
- Report the leak to the relevant authorities, especially your phone service provider.
- Use a call and SMS blocking app like Trend Micro Check to avoid unwanted phone calls and texts messages, and look up scammer phone numbers and scammer websites.
- Notify your friends, family, and coworkers about the incident so they won’t fall for any scam attempts.
Tips On Keeping Your Phone Number Secure and Preventing Leaks
- Use a temporary phone number or a second phone number for one-time services.
- Avoid sharing your phone number and other sensitive information, with people or organizations you do not trust.
- Use multifactor authentication and a Password Manager on all your accounts.
- Keep the operating system and cybersecurity app of your devices updated.
- Regularly monitor your phone activity, such as call logs and SMS, to look for suspicious or shady behavior.
Avoid Phone Number Leaks with Trend Micro
Trend Micro provides various solutions to lessen the chance of data breaches and protect you against identity theft.
- Get a temporary phone number or a second phone number with Trend Micro Check.
- Install Trend Micro Maximum Security to protect your sensitive data like credit cards, passwords, and phone numbers on your Windows PC.
- Use Trend Micro ID Protection to monitor your personal information and receive alerts and recommendations if it is discovered in a data breach or is at risk of identity theft.
- Use Trend Micro Password Manager to help create unique passwords so you don't use the same one for several accounts.
- Install VPN Proxy One Pro to hide your identity and prevent hackers from getting your personal information, especially when using public Wi-Fi.
UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF ONLINE PRIVACY!
Discover the world of Internet Privacy and dive into essential topics like online safety, protecting your digital identity, and caring for your devices.
Visit our 👉 Cybersecurity Learning Center! 👈