You tried activating your Trend Micro Maximum Security, Trend Micro Internet Security, or Trend Micro Antivirus Plus Security program, but all you get is this confusing message:
"You have not provided a valid activation code."
"Invalid Activation Code."
No worries, you're not alone. This happens to the best of us!
Why Did This Happen?
You may have typed your activation code incorrectly, or perhaps you've got a new one for your subscription.
How Do I Fix This?
Get some help from our experts!
If you think you've got this, here's how to get you back on track:
First things first, double-check the activation code. Where did you get your Trend Micro software?
- Online: It's probably in your Order Confirmation Email.
- Retail: Look on the Receipt or Product Box.
- Existing Subscription: Log in to your Trend Micro Account; it's right there in the list of your ongoing licenses.
If your activation code matches what you entered, follow these steps:
Create your Trend Micro Account:
- Head over to https://account.trendmicro.com/setup/landing.
- Hit the Get Started button.
- Enter your email or mobile number, click Next.
- Create your own password, click Next again.
- Fill in your details to complete your profile.
- Now, enter that activation code and go back to the Trend Micro Installation window. Retype the code, and you're all set!
Already Have a Trend Micro Account?
Sign in with your Trend Micro Account:
- Click the Sign In button on Option 1.
- Type in your email and password to log in.
- Follow the prompts, and your protection will be activated in no time!
Got a New Activation Code?
Activate your new activation code:
- Visit https://account.trendmicro.com/setup/landing.
- Click the "Or sign in to your Trend Micro Account" link under the Get Started button.
- Sign in with your email/phone and password.
- Enter that new activation code, and then go back to the Trend Micro Installation window to retype it.