Trend Micro Antispam Toolbar automatically filters unwanted and fraudulent messages into a special Spam Mail folder, which you can periodically check for any legitimate messages misidentified as spam.
Why Do You Keep Getting So Many Spam Emails?
Here are some reasons why you are receiving spam emails:
- You unknowingly subscribed to a mailing list to get promotional emails or updates from the company when you:
- purchased an item online.
- sign up for a service.
- Your email address is publicly available online, especially on Social Media websites.
- Spammers got your email address from various means such as:
- Online forms from other websites
- Data breaches
🛡️ Boost Your Online Safety Today! 🛡️
Start with an Expert Assessment for a Secure Digital Life!
- 🔍 Evaluate Your Security Level
- 🔒 Get Personalized Anti-Scam Tips
- 🛡️ Defend Against Identity Theft
🎁 Act now and enjoy an exclusive offer on our comprehensive digital wellness program.
Click below to assess your online safety and chat with our experts for personalized guidance.
👉 Secure My Digital Future 👈
How to Get Rid of Spam Emails
1. Unsubscribe from Unwanted Mailing Lists
Unsubscribe from mailing lists you no longer wish to get their emails.
2. Manage Your Email Senders
Block unknown or unfamiliar senders and only accept senders you know is legitimate.
3. Hide Your Email Address from Public
Avoid giving out your email address online, especially on public forums or websites.
4. Stop Spam Emails Automatically with Trend Micro Antispam Toolbar
Note: Enabling this feature will also delete falsely detected spam mails that you won't be able to retrieve.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Trend Micro icon > Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Put a check under Notifications to make the Trend Micro system tray icon change whenever a new message goes into the Spam Mail folder.
- Put a check under Spam Mail Folder to transfer spam messages to the Deleted Items folder after your chosen number of days. Click Move Filtered Spam Now to immediately transfer them. This setting applies only to messages moved into the folder automatically. Messages that you drag into the folder remain there until you delete them yourself.
- Put a check under Deleted Items Folder to automatically remove any filtered spam messages already transferred into the Deleted Items folder when you close Microsoft Outlook.
- Click OK to save the changes.