If you never received any warning or notification from your Trend Micro program and are concerned it is not protecting your computer, check the system tray located at the lower right of your screen and see if there is a Trend Micro icon.
Is my Trend Micro program installed properly?
Do these to check if you successfully installed the Trend Micro program on your Windows PC:
Update Trend Micro manually
Trend Micro constantly checks online for security updates to stop new threats every 3 hours. You can also do this manually if your computer is not always connected to the Internet.
- Make sure your computer has an Internet connection.
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area, then select Check for Program Updates.
If you cannot see it, click the Show hidden icons arrow ^ next to the notification area.
The About Your Software window will appear and check for available updates.
- Click Close after seeing Components are up-to-date.
Run a scan
Trend Micro keeps your computer protected in real-time so you do not need to scan manually to remove viruses. If your computer performs poorly due to a possible infection, you can still run a scan at any time.
- Open Trend Micro.
- Click the arrow beside the Scan tool and choose your preferred scan.
Re-launch Trend Micro Program
If you can't see the Trend Micro icon on the system tray, click here on how to open the program in your computer.
Check if Trend Micro is installed
Check if Trend Micro program is in the Windows Apps and Features lists.
- At the lower left corner of computer, Right click Windows icon.
- On the drop-down menu, click Apps and Features.
- On the list of installed programs, search for an icon with Trend Micro (e.g. Maximum Security, Internet Security, Antivirus + Security).
I Cannot Open My Trend Micro Program
We've tailored a separate solution article here to help you understand why this error occurs and how to resolve it.