You suddenly cannot open the Trend Micro program on your Windows computer but you can still see the Trend Micro icon in the system tray.
Why Did This Happen?
Some Trend Micro components may have stopped working after installing a new program or a Windows update.
How Do I Fix This?
Restart the Trend Micro program:
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the Open field, type supporttool.exe, then click OK.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 5. Stop all components.
- Wait for 10-30 seconds or the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area to disappear.
- Click 4. Start all components to turn it back ON.
- Try to open the program again.
Ask The Community!
Need more answers? Share your questions or join discussions to our Trend Micro Community!