You need to enable your DHCP settings to easily manage the devices connected on your network. When turned ON, it automatically assigns an IP addresse on a device that connects to your home network.
Steps to enable DHCP
- Open a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer, or a mobile device.
- Log in to your router's setup page. You will see the setup page on the back of your router, on the box it came with, or on the manual.
- Go to the network setup or LAN setup section.
- Locate the DHCP setting.
- Check if it is enabled. If disabled, change the setting to Enabled.
- Save the changes.
- Restart your router for the changes to take effect.