If Trend Micro Antivirus is unable to clean a file on your Mac, it will quarantine it. Once quarantined, malicious software can do no harm.
Access files Trend Micro Antivirus quarantined
- Open Trend Micro Antivirus, then choose Logs.
- Click the List Quarantined Files... you see at the bottom.
- If you do not need a quarantined file, click its name on the list, then choose Delete.
- If you still need to use a quarantined file, click its name on the list, then choose Clean.
Updates from Trend Micro may allow the program to remove threats that it cannot treat before. Be patient if the first attempt does not succeed. Try again in a week or two.
- After cleaning a quarantined file successfully, click Restore . Once released from quarantine, even malicious software that cannot harm your Mac can transmit itself to a more vulnerable computer.