Trend Micro Home Network Security acts as the gateway when connected to your network router. It helps keep your network and devices secured from threats.
Change the Mode only if you are experiencing Internet connection issues.
What is Mode 2?
Mode 2 uses the Address Resolution Protocol to route traffic from connected devices to the Trend Micro Home Network Security Station. In this mode, Home Network Security uses Network Address Translation to assign IP addresses to client devices.
If you are using Port Forwarding on your router, this function might not work properly if Compatibility Mode is turned ON.
Switch Station Network Settings to Mode 2
- Open the Home Network Security app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Menu icon you see on the upper left, then tap Settings.
- Tap Station Configuration under STATION.
- Choose Mode 2 under STATION NETWORK SETTINGS.
- Tap OK to update the station settings.
- Wait for five minutes. Select Test Status to check the connectivity status.
- Tap Test This Device.
Make sure that your device and Home Network Security Station are connected to the same network.