You see this notification on the Trend Micro Home Network Security app:
Why did this happen?
A device vulnerable to a SSLv2-Drown attack is detected in your network.
What are its risks?
- It allows man-in-the-middle attackers to break network encryption and to intercept, relay, and possibly alter communications between users and devices.
- Attacker could read, steal sensitive information (e.g., passwords, financial data, credit card numbers, emails, instant messages, and documents).
- Attackers could impersonate, intercept or change the content of trusted websites.
- Attackers could decrypt encrypted cipher-text data.
What should I do next?
- Make sure your router is updated to the latest patch or firmware. Show me how.
What if I have more questions?
For more information, check out: