You encounter issues when trying to use the Lost Device Protection feature for your iOS/iPadOS device.
Some error messages you may see:
- "Device Not Located"
- "Sound Disabled"
Why did this happen?
Lost Device Protection is not set up properly. You need to enable App Permissions (Location Services and Sound Notifications).
How do I fix this?
- Set Mobile Security to Always ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS:
- Tap Settings on your home screen.
- Scroll down, then tap Privacy.
- On the right pane, tap Location Services.
- Select Mobile Security, then choose Always.
- Allow Sound Notifications to Mobile Security:
- Go back to Settings.
- Scroll down, then tap Notifications.
- On the right pane, scroll down, then select Mobile Security, under NOTIFICATION STYLE.
- Under ALERTS, turn on Sound.