Because the Internet is easily accessible to anyone, it can be a dangerous place.
What are the possible risks?
Accidentally browsing into a dangerous website can harm your network, and your devices.
What can I do to protect myself?
Below are some of the best practices in keeping yourself safe when using the Internet.
- Always be careful on what you click. Avoid clicking unknown links on emails and attachments.
- Always read prompts first before clicking Accept, Agree, or Allow.
- Always check if the website is legitimate before providing information. Avoid entering your personal information to unknown websites.
- Always make sure your Antivirus software, operating system, and home network devices are updated. Refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions: Updating your device’s software.
Keep Yourself Safe Online with Home Network Security
Make sure the following settings are enabled to keep your network devices protected:
- On your mobile device, open Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Enable the following features:
- Go to Threat Blocking, then toggle the switch for Network Protection.
- Go to Access Control, then toggle the switch for New Device Approval.
- Go to Device Scan, then toggle the switch for Password Check and Vulnerability Check.