Because the Internet is easily accessible to anyone, it can be a dangerous place. If you accidentally visit into a dangerous website, it can harm your network and your devices.
Best practices to stay safe when using the Internet
- Always be careful on what you click. Avoid clicking unknown links on emails and attachments.
- Always read prompts first before clicking Accept, Agree, or Allow.
- Always check if the website is legitimate before providing information. Avoid entering your personal information to unknown websites.
- Always make sure your antivirus software, operating system, and home network devices are updated.
Keep yourself safe online with Home Network Security
Make sure these settings are enabled to keep your network devices protected:
- On your mobile device, open the Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon, then choose Settings.
- Enable the following features:
- Go to Threat Blocking, then turn ON Network Protection .
- Go to Access Control, then turn ON New Device Approval .
- Go to Device Scan, then turn ON Password Check and Vulnerability Check .