ESTIMATED READING TIME: 2 minutes
Clear cache and cookies in Safari
- Open the Settings app, then select Safari.
- Scroll down, then select Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.
Clear cache and cookies in Chrome
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap at the bottom.
- Tap History, then tap Clear Browsing Data.. you see at the bottom.
- Tap Cookies, Site Data and Cached Images and Files. Make sure you see a check beside them.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data you see at the bottom, then choose Clear Browsing Data to confirm.
Clear cache and cookies in Firefox
- Open the Firefox app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap at the bottom, then select Settings.
- Under Privacy, select Data Management.
- Turn on Cache .
- Tap Clear Private Data to confirm.
Why is it important to clear cookies?
Clearing your cookies regularly helps maintain the privacy and security of your personal information online. It also enhances your overall experience.
What are the risks in saving cookies?
Like anything that saves your personal information, it could enhance your browsing experience, but it could also lead to issues like:
- Privacy Concerns. Malicious actors with their advanced hacking tools use data stored in cookies to get your login credentials or personal data. Getting this information can lead to identity theft or financial fraud.
- Security Vulnerabilities. Cookies can be vulnerable to attacks that put the security of your data at risk.
- Outdated Data. Cookies can become outdated or invalid, which can cause browser errors or unexpected behavior when trying to access the stored information.
When is the best time to clear cookies?
Just like tidying up your physical space, regularly clearing your cookies helps keep your digital life organized and streamlined. Make it a monthly habit for a smoother online experience.
- When you are shopping online. It is best to delete cookies first before making online purchases.
- When you are about to log out. Always delete cookies after logging out from any website.
- When you have trouble opening websites. If a website is experiencing issues, clearing its cookies can sometimes resolve the problem.
Unlock more storage on your iPhone or iPad
Are you an iPhone or iPad user who values a clutter-free device and more storage space? We understand – managing your device can be complex. But there's a simple solution: Cleaner One for iOS.