You see this notification on the Trend Micro Home Network Security app:
"Command and Control (C&C) Server attack"
Why did this happen?
A Command and Control (C&C) Server attack detected in your network.
What are its risks?
- C & C server acts as command centers for malware-related attacks to download commands and store stolen data. The server communications allow attackers to move inside a network.
- It also serves as the headquarters for compromised machines in a botnet. It can be used to propagate commands that can steal data, spread malware, disrupt web services, and more.
What should I do next?
- Apply the most recent patch to your system. Show me how.
- For difficult to remove Rootkits, make sure to back up your data first before reverting back your system to prevent losing data.
- Restore from backups
- Reinstall your Operating System.
- Revert computer to its older image.
- Apply security updates regularly to avoid future infections.
What if I have more questions?
For more information, check out these pages: