Trend Micro Home Network Security acts as the gateway when connected to your network router. It helps keep your network and devices secured from threats.
Home Network Security automatically checks during setup the correct Station Mode for your router. If you experience having problems connecting to the Internet or other network issues, you may need to change the Station Mode manually to the correct one.
What is Mode 3?
Mode 3 uses the Address Resolution Protocol to route traffic from connected devices to the Trend Micro Home Network Security Station. In this mode, Home Network Security uses Network Address Translation to assign IP addresses to client devices. Mode 3 may improve video streaming and online games. Mode 3 also offers port forwarding and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support.
Change Station Network Settings to Mode 3
- Open the Home Network Security app on your device.
- Tap the Menu icon you see on the upper left, then tap Settings.
- Tap Station Configuration under STATION.
- Under STATION NETWORK SETTINGS, select Mode 3.
- Tap OK to update the station settings.
- Wait for five minutes, then test the connectivity status. Tap Test Status.
- Tap Test This Device.
Make sure that your device and Home Network Security Station are connected to the same network.