Know how to enable the plug-ins or extensions of Trend Micro programs on your web browsers. Listed below are some of the issues that you may encounter when the Trend Micro plug-ins or extensions are not enabled:
- Trend Micro Toolbar is missing from the browser
- Features of Trend Micro Toolbar are not working properly (e.g. Page Rating, Privacy Scanner, etc.)
- Unable to block websites that were added to the Exception Lists
- Privacy Scanner features were not applied or are not working
- Password Manager toolbar is missing from the browser
Enable Trend Micro plug-ins and extensions
- Open the Trend Micro main console:
- Double click the Trend Micro icon from your desktop.
- Double click the Trend Micro icon from your system tray.
- Click Settings .
- Go to Internet & Email Controls , then choose Web Threats.
- Make sure to tick the boxes for the following options:
- Block potentially dangerous websites
- Display the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported web browsers
- Prevent Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome from running malicious scripts on infected websites
- Click Apply, then click OK to save the changes.
- Check if the Trend Micro Toolbar is enabled in your browser: