You may get this message when the scan takes longer than two minutes in a file:
"Scan is running slow."
Why is this happening?
- Scanned file is too big.
- Scanned file is damaged and unusable.
- Your PC does not allow the program to scan the file.
How do I fix this?
Restart the Trend Micro Security program:
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. The Run window should be open.
- In the Open field, type
supporttool.exe, then press ENTER. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit should open.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 5. Stop all components.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Click 4. Start all components.
- Open the Trend Micro Security program again.
- Run the scan again.
How can I prevent this from happening?
- Get the latest updates of Windows 10.
- Delete temporary files in
- Delete and uninstall programs and apps that you no longer use to free up space and lessen files to scan.
- If scan is taking too long, stops or hangs on a certain file/location/program, check if there’s an update for that program.
Still not working?
Get more help through our Technical Support.