You may get this message when the scan takes longer than two minutes in a file:
"Scan is running slow."
Why is this happening?
- Scanned file is too big.
- Scanned file is damaged and unusable.
- Your PC does not allow the program to scan the file.
How do I fix this?
Restart the program:
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area, and then select Exit.
If you cannot see it, click the Show hidden icons arrow ^ next to the notification area.
Wait for the icon to disappear.
- Open Trend Micro again.
- Run another scan.
How can I prevent this from happening?
- Get the latest updates of Windows 10.
- Delete temporary files in
- Delete and uninstall programs and apps that you no longer use to free up space and lessen files to scan.
- If scan is taking too long, stops or hangs on a certain file/location/program, check if there’s an update for that program.
Still having issues?
Get more help through our Technical Support.