After running a Trend Micro Home Network Security scan, you might see devices connected to your network you cannot identify. Make sure your home is secure with these easy steps.
Look up the MAC Address depending on device type
Learn how to identify and match the device mac address shown in the Home Network Security app with the mac address on the device.
- Take note of your device MAC Addresses.
Identify if the device belongs to your household through your devices' unique number called MAC address:
- Check if it matches with what is shown in the Home Network Security app:
- Open the Trend Micro Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Devices, select the device, look for the MAC ID.
- Check if it matches any of your devices' MAC addresses.
Trend Micro recommends removing unknown devices from your network.