After running a Trend Micro Home Network Security scan, you might see devices connected to your network you cannot identify. Make sure your home is secure with these easy steps.
Look up the MAC Address depending on device type
Learn how to identify and match the device mac address shown in the Home Network Security app with the mac address on the device.
- Take note of your device MAC Addresses.
Identify if the device belongs to your household through your devices' unique number called MAC address:Expand AllOn your Android phone or tablet
On your iPhone or iPad
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Status or Hardware Information.
- Scroll down to see your Wi-Fi MAC address.
On your Windows PCOn your Mac
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap About. The MAC address is listed as Wi-Fi Address.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Network.
- Under Preferred Networks, select the network connection you are using, then click Advanced. The MAC address is listed as Wi-Fi Address.
- Check if it matches with what is shown in the Home Network Security app:
- Open the Trend Micro Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Devices, select the device, look for the MAC ID.
- Check if it matches any of your devices' MAC addresses.
Trend Micro recommends removing unknown devices from your network.