After running a scan using Trend Micro Home Network Security, you may see devices connected to your network you cannot identify. Make sure your home is secure with these easy steps.
Identify unknown devices protected with Trend Micro Home Network Security
Get the IP address of the unknown device
- Open the Home Network Security app on your device.
- Tap the Menu icon you see on the upper left.
- Tap Devices, then select the unknown device.
- Tap the Information tab, then take note of its IP address.
Check the IP Addresses of all your devices
Compare the IP addresses
Compare the IP address of the unknown device to all of your device IP addresses. If it does not match with any of your devices, someone might have connected to your network without your permission.
Trend Micro recommends removing unknown devices from your network.
Prevent unknown devices from connecting to your network
- Update your default Wi-Fi SSID
- Update your Wi-Fi password with a stronger one
- Enable New Device Approval
- Disable WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) through your router’s admin console