Why did this happen?
The Trend Micro program triggered itself to update its latest components before opening the program.
How do I fix this?
Run this hotfix:
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area, and then select Exit.
If you cannot see it, click the Show hidden icons arrow ^ next to the notification area.
- Wait for the icon to disappear.
- Download the hotfix here.
- Double-click the downloaded file: Ti_1770_win_en_Reg_OneMoreStepNoted_hfb0001.exe.
- Follow the prompts to install the hotfix.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.