You want to understand what Accessibility permissions are and how to enable them.
Why Enable Accessibility Permission?
Enabling Accessibility permission is crucial for activating Things to Fix feature in Mobile Security, specifically the Web Guard. This feature provides protection against security threats by collecting and scanning website links and app data for malware, harmful websites, and system enhancement.
How to Enable Accessibility Permission?
- In the Web Guard feature, you will see an Accessibility prompt. Click Next.
- Find and tap Mobile Security.
- Turn on Mobile Security.
- Make sure the shortcut is OFF.
What Happens When You Turn ON the Shortcut?
Enabling the Accessibility shortcut setting (an Android feature for quickly managing app Accessibility settings) will add a floating Trend Micro Mobile Security icon or a human icon on the edge of your screen.
Why am I seeing this icon?
The icon appears on the screen because your Accessibility shortcut setting is enabled. It is an Android feature that allows you to easily turn on or off the Accessibility setting of a specific app.
How do I remove this icon?
Removing the Trend Micro Mobile Security Accessibility shortcut or the human icon will not affect the app's performance. However, if you're concerned about mistakenly turning off the app's accessibility features or if you simply don't like the icon, you can take these steps:
NOTE: The steps may vary depending on your device model. For issues, refer to your device manual or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
- On your mobile device, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and look for Accessibility. You can use the search function in your settings to search for the Accessibility settings.
- Under Accessibility, tap Trend Micro Mobile Security. For some devices, tap Downloaded apps first to see the app list.
- Toggle the switch beside the Trend Micro Mobile Security shortcut to remove the icon.