Upgrade Trend Micro Security for Mac to its latest version to get your program up-to-date with new features and enhancements.
Upgrade Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac
- Uninstall the existing version so you can install the latest version.
- Open Spotlight, then type Trend Micro.
- Select Uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus.
Enter your Mac password when necessary.
- Click Uninstall, then click OK.
- After uninstallation completes, you will see this pop up. Click OK to finish removing the program.
- Download the installer compatible with the macOS version you have:
MacOS Version Recommended Installer MONTEREY
Antivirus for Mac version 11.5 MOJAVE Antivirus for Mac version 11
Note: If you do not see your macOS version on the table above, it means you can no longer install Trend Micro Antivirus on macOS High Sierra (10.13) and below. We recommend upgrading your Mac to its latest version so you can experience the full features of Antivirus for Mac.
- Open the downloaded .dmg file, and then click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- A pop up will appear. Click Open, then Allow to proceed with installation.
- Read the Introduction, then click Continue.
- Read the Privacy and Personal Data Collection Disclosure, then click Continue.
- Read the Software License Agreement, click Continue, then click Agree
- Enter your serial number, like this sample format: XXXX-0000-0000-0000-0000, then click Continue.
- Click Install, provide your mac password, then click Install Software.
Wait for the software to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- After installation completes, click Close, then follow the on-screen instructions for the Helper Tool.
- Enter your mac password, and then click Install Helper.
If you clicked Cancel, just click Try Again and enter your password.
If there is no Helper Tool installed, this pop up will show every time you restart your Mac or reopen Antivirus for Mac.
- The main program menu will now appear. Click the Allow Full Disk Access button, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Quit & Reopen after allowing Full Disk Access to start using the program.
Your Trend Micro Antivirus should now show the Protected status.