The App Stop feature in Trend Micro Mobile Security helps extend your battery life, reclaim storage space, optimize your settings, and clear your web browsing history. It can also disable unused apps running in the background to bolster your privacy. Before implementing any alterations, App Stop backs up your current settings.
Note that App Stop will only be accessible for Android versions 13 and below, in compliance with Google Play restrictions on features that terminate background processes. The App Stop feature will be substituted with App Freeze.
Enable App Stop
Before you can use all of its features, you need to enable permissions for Mobile Security.
- Tap the Mobile Security app.
- Select App Stop.
- Tap the Mobile Security needs permissions before you can use all of the App Stop features warning you see at the top.
- Tap the Allow Now button.
- Turn on ALL permissions for Trend Micro Mobile Security. You will see a Permissions Allowed message after enabling all permissions.
What does each feature mean?
- Stop Apps allows you to halt unused running apps, freeing up phone memory and conserving battery usage.
- Memory shows how much each apps uses and whether you have enough left to avoid performance problems.
- Add homescreen shortcut allows you to add a shortcut in the home screen to quickly acces App Stop.
- Battery Gauge - shows your current battery life.
- Temperature - shows your device's temperature level.
- Apps in Use - shows the apps to optimize. This option will appear after clicking Stop Apps.
- App Freeze allows you to prevent selected apps from automatically running in the background and helps clear up phone memory.
NOTE: Just-a-Phone Mode, Smart Power Saver and Auto Just-a-Phone was removed due to Operating System compatibility issue.