You see this error message on your Mac:
Why did this happen?
The current Trend Micro Antivirus version installed on your Mac is not the latest version.
What should I do next?
- Click the Download Now button from the pop up to get the FREE update.
You can also click this link to download the latest installer.
- Open the downloaded .dmg file, and then click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- A pop up will appear. Click Open, then Allow to proceed with installation.
- Read the Introduction, then click Continue.
- Read the Privacy and Personal Data Collection Disclosure, then click Continue.
- Read the Software License Agreement, click Continue, then click Agree
- Enter your serial number, like this sample format: XXXX-0000-0000-0000-0000, then click Continue.
- Click Install, provide your mac password, then click Install Software.
Wait for the software to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- After installation completes, click Close, then follow the on-screen instructions for the Helper Tool.
- Enter your mac password, and then click Install Helper.
If you clicked Cancel, just click Try Again and enter your password.
If there is no Helper Tool installed, this pop up will show every time you restart your Mac or reopen Antivirus for Mac.
- The main program menu will now appear. Click the Allow Full Disk Access button, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Quit & Reopen after allowing Full Disk Access to start using the program.
Your Trend Micro Antivirus should now show the Protected status.
It says 'Incompatible Sofware Found'
Remove the conflicting software. Having more than one antivirus program running at the same time can slow down your Mac and be more prone to threats.
It says 'System Extensions Blocked'
Allow Trend Micro Network Extension to provide complete protection for your Mac.
Still having issues?
Get more help through our Technical Support.