Have you encountered the following error message on your Mac?
Error Message: Free Security Update for Your New Version of macOS
Why Did This Happen?
This error occurred because the Trend Micro Antivirus version on your Mac is not the latest one.
What Should I Do Next?
Don't worry; we've got you covered! Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Click the Download Now button in the pop-up to get the FREE update.
Alternatively, you can click this link to download the latest installer.
- Open the downloaded .dmg file, and then click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- A pop-up will appear. Click Open, and then Allow to proceed with the installation.
- Read the Introduction, and then click Continue.
- Read the Privacy and Personal Data Collection Disclosure, and then click Continue.
- Read the Software License Agreement, click Continue, and then click Agree.
- Enter your activation code, and then click Continue.
- Click Install, provide your Mac password, and then click Install Software.
Wait for the software to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- After installation completes, click Close, and then follow the on-screen instructions for the Helper Tool.
- Enter your Mac password, and then click Install Helper.
If you accidentally clicked Cancel, simply click Try Again and enter your password.
If there is no Helper Tool installed, this pop-up will show every time you restart your Mac or reopen Antivirus for Mac.
- The main program menu will now appear. Click the Allow Full Disk Access button, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Quit & Reopen after allowing Full Disk Access to start using the program.
Your Trend Micro Antivirus should now show a Protected status.
Error: 'Incompatible Software Found'
If you encounter the error 'Incompatible Software Found,' it means there's conflicting software. Having more than one antivirus program running at the same time can slow down your Mac and make it more prone to threats. Remove the conflicting software to resolve the issue.
Error: 'System Extensions Blocked'
If you see the 'System Extensions Blocked' error, you need to allow the Trend Micro Network Extension to provide complete protection for your Mac. Follow the on-screen instructions to address this issue.
For any further assistance, feel free to contact our support team. We're here to ensure your Mac is secure and running smoothly.