You may get this message when the scan takes longer than two minutes in a file:
Why is this happening?
Trend Micro needs more time to scan a big file.
What should I do next?
Wait for 5 minutes to let the program finish the file from scanning.
If the error is still there after 5 minutes, restart the Trend Micro program:
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the Open field, type supporttool.exe, then click OK.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 5. Stop all components.
- Wait for 10-30 seconds or the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area to disappear.
- Click 4. Start all components to turn it back ON.
- Scan again.
Issue still happening?
Reach our Trend Micro Representatives via Live Chat so we can help.