After running a scan, you will see devices that are connected to your network. You might see devices that you cannot identify.
We suggest you do any of the following to make sure your home network is secure:
- Take note of your device MAC Addresses.
Identify if the device belongs to your household through your devices' unique number called MAC address:Expand AllOn your Android phone or tablet
On your iPhone or iPad
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Status or Hardware Information.
- Scroll down to see your Wi-Fi MAC address.
On your Windows PCOn your Mac
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap About. The MAC address is listed as Wi-Fi Address.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Network.
- Under Preferred Networks, select the network connection you are using, then click Advanced. The MAC address is listed as Wi-Fi Address.
- Check if it matches with what is shown in your app:
- Open the app, then go the device information page.
- Check if it matches any of your devices' MAC addresses.
- Trend Micro recommends removing unknown devices from your network. You can also block them using your router's Block feature.
Prevent unknown devices from connecting to your network
- Update your default Wi-Fi SSID.
- Update your Wi-Fi password with a stronger one.
- Disable WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) through your router’s admin console.
Upgrade your protection
Use Trend Micro Home Network Security to shield your smart home and connected devices from security threats.