You see this pop up message on the Trend Micro Home Network Security app:
"The Station is now the DHCP server. Your router settings must be changed."
Why did this happen?
After configuring your Home Network Security to DHCP mode, you need to change your router settings to complete its setup.
What should I do next?
Make sure your Home Network Security station is online and you have Internet connection before making changes.
- Open the Home Network Security app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Menu icon, then select Settings.
- Tap Station Configuration. Take note of your Router IP address.
- Using your computer or mobile device, open a web browser. You can use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
- On the address bar, type the Router IP address you took note on the previous step then press ENTER.
- Log in to the Admin console using your router username and password.
- Look for the DHCP settings, then disable the DHCP server.
- Save the changes.
- Restart your router:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the router, then check if the front panel lights are turned OFF.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back to your router.
- Allow a minute or two for it to turn back ON.
Contact our Technical Support for immediate assistance.