Trend Micro Email Defender scans webmail, sent to Gmail or Outlook.com on Microsoft Edge, that contains malicious links or attachments, however dangerous, that traditional email security technology cannot detect.
How it works
It detects fake messages using AI technology to identify the topic and to understand the intention of the scam email and warns you against it upon discovery. You can then delete it with confidence.
Turn ON Email Defender
- Make sure the Trend Micro Security Extension is installed and enabled.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Log in to your Gmail or Outlook web application. A pop up will appear.
- Click Protect Your Email Now.
- Read the License Agreement, then select Agree and Turn On.
You will see this message to confirm it is ON.
You will also see a pop up about the new name. Click OK to proceed.
- Open an email. Email Defender will scan its contents. You will see these pop ups if it detects something suspicious:
- Click View Details to read more information about the detected threat.
Depending on the result, Email Defender will provide recommendations on how to protect yourself online.
Report falsely detected emails
If Email Defender detects a non-malicious email, you can report it to us to improve its AI technology.
- Click Report scan result.
Trend Micro will check and analyze this error.
Turn OFF Email Defender
Select Email Defender again in the Trend Micro Security Extension.