Trend Micro Email Defender scans webmail, sent to Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo Mail on Microsoft Edge, that contains malicious links or attachments, however dangerous, that traditional email security technology cannot detect.
How Email Defender works in Microsoft Edge
It detects fake messages using AI technology to identify the topic and to understand the intention of the scam email and warns you against it upon discovery. You can then delete it with confidence.
Turn ON Email Defender in Microsoft Edge
- Make sure the Trend Micro Security Extension is installed and enabled.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Log in to your Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo Mail web application. A pop up will appear.
- Click Protect Your Email Now.
- Read the License Agreement, then select Agree and Turn On.
You will see this message to confirm it is ON.
You will also see a pop up about the new name. Click OK to proceed.
Scan Emails in Microsoft Edge
- Open an email. Email Defender will scan its contents. You will see these pop ups if it detects something suspicious:
- Click View Details to read more information about the detected threat.
Depending on the result, Email Defender will provide recommendations on how to protect yourself online.
Report falsely detected emails in Microsoft Edge
If Email Defender detects a non-malicious email, you can report it to us to improve its AI technology.
- Click Report scan result.
Trend Micro will check and analyze this error.
Turn OFF Email Defender in Microsoft Edge
- Select Email Defender again in the Trend Micro Security Extension.