Learn how to remove or uninstall Trend Micro Security for Windows.
Uninstall Trend Micro Security with the Uninstall Tool
Run the Uninstall Tool to remove the remnants of your previous installation.
Download the Uninstall Tool by clicking the download button below:
- Double-click Ti_1700_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0001.exe to run the tool.
Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the uninstall tool to finish the installation, then click OK.
- Click Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha characters, then click Continue.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, your Trend Micro Security will be successfully removed.
Uninstall Trend Micro Security with the Diagnostic Toolkit
Remove Trend Micro Security for Windows using the built-in debugging install tool.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. The Run window should open.
- In the Open field, type
supporttool.exe, then press ENTER.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window will now open.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 1. Uninstall Software.
You may disregard the Windows notification saying to use the Control Panel to remove the program.
Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will remove all Trend Micro related files from your computer which the Control Panel might have missed.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstallation.
- Copy your serial number.
- Tick I copied my serial number, then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.