Being the center of your home network, your router’s security is as essential as protecting your devices.
Below are some of the best practices to protect your router.
- Change your home router’s default SSID and password.
- Set a stronger password with the following qualifications:
- Create a password with at least 8 characters.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
For more information, you may refer to the these Knowledge Base articles:
- Always make sure your router is updated to the latest firmware.
For Trend Micro Home Network Security users, make sure the following settings are enabled to keep your network devices protected.
- On your mobile device, open Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Enable the following features:
- go to Threat Blocking, then toggle the switch for Network Protection.
- go to Access Control, then toggle the switch for New Device Approval.
- go to Device Scan, then toggle the switch for Password Check and Vulnerability Check.
- go to Early Access Program, then toggle the switch for Router Access Protection.