You see this message on your computer:
Why did this happen?
Your computer is experiencing network issues, and the program cannot connect to the Internet to get the latest updates.
Trend Micro wants to ensure you have access to the latest protection all the time. This notification will appear if the program detects that it has not connected to the Trend Micro server for 3 days.
How do I fix this?
Make sure you have a working internet connection.
To check, open a web browser and visit any website. If the page loads, click Update Now to get the latest Trend Micro updates. If the problem persists, follow the instructions below:
I bought Trend Micro from Best Buy
- Temporarily disable the Trend Micro program on your computer.
- Download the following hotfix: Ti_1773_win_en_plugVizor_NCIE_hfb17.7.1638.exe.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the hotfix.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Follow the prompts to install the hotfix.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
If the problem persists, contact our Technical Support for immediate assistance.
I have Internet connection but still cannot update
Your Trend Micro program may not be able to update due to Internet connection restrictions from the Metered connection setting.
- If your Internet has an unlimited data plan, we recommend turning this feature OFF.
- If you are on metered connection, meaning, you pay for each kilobyte of data, you may temporarily turn this feature off, then update your Trend Micro program manually.
- If you think your internet connection is unstable, contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.