You see this error message when you activate Mobile Security on your Android phone or tablet:
"Invalid Activation Key"
Why did this happen?
The Activation Key is already registered on another device.
What should I do next?
Turn over your protection from an old device or computer to a new one using your Trend Micro Account.
- Go to https://account.trendmicro.com/.
- Type your email address and password, then tap Sign In.
If you set up Two-Factor Authentication, you will need to type in the verification code sent to your preferred method (Authenticator App, Email or Text).
- Remove protection to an old device:
- Tap the Licenses tab, then look for your ongoing subscription.
- Tap Manage Device +, then hover to the device you want to remove protection.
- Tap the X icon on the upper right corner of the device.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
- Open the Mobile Security app.
- Tap Buy/Activate.
- Tap Use an Activation Code, then type your serial number.