ESTIMATED READING TIME: 3 minutes
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Are Caches and Cookies?
- Why is it important to clear cookies?
- What are the risks in saving cookies?
- When is the best time to clear cookies?
- Enjoy Effortless Browsing: No More Cache Clearing Hassles
- Boost your device's lifespan and productivity!
What Are Caches and Cookies?
Your browser tends to save these files. Even if they are relatively small, they will accumulate over time. It could cause performance and privacy issues on your browser.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the menu button ⋮ > More Tools > Clear browsing data.
- On the Clear browsing data window, select which time range you want to clear.
- Put a check beside Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, and then click Clear data.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the menu button ☰, then select Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security, scroll to Cookies and Site Data, and then click Clear Data.
- Check both Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content, and then click Clear.
- A confirmation box will appear. Click Clear Now to proceed.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the menu button … > Settings.
- Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
- Tick Cookies and saved website and Cached data and files, and then click Clear.
Why Is It Important to Clear Cookies?
Clearing your cookies regularly helps maintain the privacy and security of your personal information online. It also enhances your overall experience.
What Are the Risks in Saving Cookies?
Like anything that saves your personal information, it could enhance your browsing experience, but it could also lead to issues like:
- Privacy Concerns. Malicious actors with their advanced hacking tools use data stored in cookies to get your login credentials or personal data. Getting this information can lead to identity theft or financial fraud.
- Security Vulnerabilities. Cookies can be vulnerable to attacks that put the security of your data at risk.
- Outdated Data. Cookies can become outdated or invalid, which can cause browser errors or unexpected behavior when trying to access the stored information.
When Is the Best Time to Clear Cookies?
Just like tidying up your physical space, regularly clearing your cookies helps keep your digital life organized and streamlined. Make it a monthly habit for a smoother online experience.
- When you are shopping online. It is best to delete cookies first before making online purchases.
- When you are about to log out. Always delete cookies after logging out from any website.
- When you have trouble opening websites. If a website is experiencing issues, clearing its cookies can sometimes resolve the problem.
- When you are switching to other devices. Before you use another device to surf the Internet, clear the cookies first.
- When you want to speed up your PC. While clearing cookies will not significantly improve the overall speed of your computer, it can help improve the performance and privacy of your web browser.
BOOST YOUR DEVICE'S LIFESPAN AND PRODUCTIVITY
Explore strategies to enhance your device's performance and get valuable insights on safeguarding yourself against scams, maintaining network security, and protecting your personal identity.
Visit our 👉 Cybersecurity Learning Center! 👈